An ephemeral selling space in an unusual location dedicated to the promotion and sale of Belgian talent: established creators will indorse and be exhibited with new outstanding talents (who filled in an application). Belgian visual arts, cinema, fashion, publishing, design, music, etc. will be presented together on our exhibition space, Place du Chatelain, 18 in Brussels.
From the 7th to the 16th of December
- DROME MAGAZINE, 'Nationa(al) Pop-Up Store:: Creative Belgitude', Gabrielle Girolamini, December 6th, 2012 (http://www.dromemagazine.com/nationaal-pop-up-store-creative-belgitude/)
- DE STANDAARD, 'Nationa(a)l Pop-Up Store viert Belgische creativiteit', edm, December 4th, 2012(http://www.standaard.be/artikel/detail.aspx?artikelid=DMF20121204_028)
- GAEL, 'Rendez-vous Nationa(al) au Chatelain', S.Z, December 4th, 2012 (http://www.gael.be/sorties/culture/208855/rendez-vous-nationa-a-l-au-chatelain)
- LE VIF WEEKEND, 'National, le pop up store 200% belge', Anne-Françoise Moyson, November 29th, 2012 (http://weekend.levif.be/tendance/mode/national-le-pop-up-store-200-belge/article-4000215117975.htm)
- THE WORD MAGAZINE, 'Adeline and Alexandre on the opening of Nationa(a)l Pop Up Store, Sarah Schug, November 23th, 2012 (http://thewordmagazine.com/culture/pop-up-store/)
- THE WORD MAGAZINE, 'Annemie Verbeke on Nationa(a)l Pop Up Store', Philippe Pourhashemi, November 21th, 2012 (http://thewordmagazine.com/style/annemie-verbeke-on-nationaal-pop-up-store-and-gathering-creatives/)
- BELMODO, 'Nationa(a)l Pop-Up Store: een explosie van creativiteit', Tiany Kiriloff, November 17th, 2012
One year ago, Nationa(a)l co-founders, Alex and Adeline had to undertake a study for a consultancy on the needs and opportunities of Belgian cultural and creative entrepreneurs. Indeed, the creative economy (which include: visual arts, cinema, fashion, publishing, design, music, etc.) is a promising sector throughout the world. Export of creative products from EU to the rest of the world doubled between 2002 and 2008. Some studies even argue that Belgium is the 7th exportator worldwide of creative products.
They realized that Belgian has a huge creative potential. Belgian creators are much appreciated abroad for their perceived ‘Belgian touch’. Every day, more of our fellow Belgians enter the 'creative wall of fame': Wim Delvoye, Bouli Lanners, Cécile de France, Amélie Nothomb, Kris Martin, Dries Van Noten, Francys Alys and many more! But since creators work hard on developing their artistic skills, few of them possess entrepreneurial and promotion skills. So only a few of them have a display in Belgium and sell mostly abroad. Consequently, Belgians are not aware about what is happening in their own country.
Determined to help Belgian creativity to develop itself and get better visibility nationally and internationally, Adeline and Alex decided to launch the Nationa(a)l Pop-Up Store to fill the gap and offer a platform of exhibition, promotion and sale to Belgian emerging (75%) and established (25%) creators.
Accordingly, Nationa(a)l NPO's objectives are:
1. Communication & Sales
- Waking up the curiosity and interest of national and international media and consumers for Belgian talent
- Making it easier for Belgians and international visitors to discover, meet and learn about Belgian talents.
- Give the opportunity to upcoming creators to exhibit next to famous creators and get discovered this way.
2. Support & Promote Belgian creation
- Social objective: Permit upcoming creators to test their products on new markets at small costs and hit a wider clientele.
- Regional objective: Improve the attractiveness of Brussels by developing its brand image
- Sustainability objective: Boost the local creative economy and develop employment in the creative sector.
We are still looking for financial and exchange partners for the organization of our Pop-Up event. Do not hesitate to contact us for more information on our partner deals: email@example.com
We already convinced several parties to invest in our project, but we are still looking for more funds. So if you liked our Pop-Up Store and you agree that Belgium needs a permanent showroom for its talents, feel free to ask more information on the Nationa(a)l Creative Store to firstname.lastname@example.org